Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Valentine's Burlap Wreath


I saw the idea on pinterest to use a pool noodle for a wreath form. It worked perfect. It was light weight and I could cut it to the desired size I wanted. I just used duct tape to connect the 2 ends.

I bought 1.5 yards of red Burlap.
Cut into 2'' x 20'' strips
tie double knot around wreath.
"squish" sections close together to cover upthe blue noodle (:

I had a little extra burlap so I cut some cute lil hearts to make the banner. I used the glue gun to attach the red hearts to the tan burlap rectangles.

8 comments:

Tiffany said...

super cute!! Goes perfect with your black door.

lyndsey said...

You always do such cute stuff. Love it! I still need to take down my x-mas wreath. Awesome. :)

Dowd Crowd 2 said...

Sheez, so easy....I drove by and saw it and thought it was beautiful and what a lot of work you put into everything! I could probably actually do this, but since I am just down the street, I won't! But, I love looking at your door!

And...thanks for providing therapy to my offspring last night! You are wonderful.

Emily Steggell said...

Amazing!!!! You KILL me! I am going to go buy some red burlap right now! Thanks for sharing your fab talents!

Wendie said...

I found your blog from Sugar Doodle. I love all of the cute & creative handouts you make for your YW! Thank you for sharing them. What software do you use to make the handouts?

OCGardenJen said...

Just wanted to say thanks for the awesome inspiration! I found your blog through Pinterest and I was inspired to create a similar wreath as well. Here is my blog post:http://ocgardenjen.blogspot.com/2012/05/my-8-front-porch-spruce-up.html

Unknown said...

Love this, going to make one!
Deborah

Unknown said...

Love this, going to make one!
Deborah