Monday, May 16, 2011

CD Cover ArT

I've been saving my old CD covers for a while knowing I wanted to make something with them. I listen to some pretty random music but I sure do love it!
"Every Memory has a Soundtrack" has been one of my favorite quotes since college.
I can't wait to put this in my craft room. I love looking at the album covers and thinking about what memories I have tied to the music.
Jane had this Frame lying around in her garage. It was the perfect size for my project.
1st I spray painted the frame White. I didn't worry about taping it off because I was just going to glue the CD covers directly to the canvas. It took about a million coats of white spray paint but FINALLY it worked!

I mod podged the CD covers directly to the canvas. Nice thin coats of modpodge.

I then mod podged over the entire thing to help seal the the edges. I waited for it to dry and did one more coat.

3 comments:

jane said...

Jamie, That turned out so cute. Amazing what cool things you can make out of my junk!!!! Jane

Emily Steggell said...

Ah! love it Jamie!! So cool! I wish I had half the energy you have! :) Thanks for sharing such great stuff- love this idea!

Unknown said...

I love that quote! So true! What fun art. i have a ton of cd covers in a box somewhere. Hmmm. Thanks for linking up with DIY under $5!