Wednesday, August 20, 2014

Come follow me : August Marriage and Family


For my lesson with the laurels this week I gave them each a copy of the August 2014 issue. It has some great articles about marriage, and dating. 

The lesson we focused on today was: What are the church's standards on dating.?
We used the article from the magazine called The Dating Academy. 
I asked 6 girls to study a "lesson" from the article. They then presented their lesson to the class. It was so fun and the girls did a great job teaching as well as communicating with each other throughout the lesson.
   Lesson 1: Purpose and standards of dating
   Lesson 2: Watch and Learn
   Lesson 3: Planning a date
   Lesson 4: Inviting others and being invited
   Lesson 5: On the Date
   Lesson 6: The doorstep
I told them my Senior year in high schools my friends and I had a thing called an EMD (End of the Month Date).  Every month someone planned a different date for our group. We each had to invite a date to come.  It was a great way for us to learn how to plan a group date. It was such a fun tradition.


I



1 comment:

Sam, Sheerstie, Jaylee, and Caden said...

Is there a way to PIN any of your ideas on pinterest? You have so many cute ideas and I would love to keep them with all of my other YW ideas:) Thanks