Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Jewelry "STAND" ye in Holy places


 We thought Jewelry stands would be the perfect gift to introduce the 2013 YW theme. "Stand" ye in Holy Places.
 
 
I have seen several tutorials on Pinterest about using a sharpie to decorate plates, mugs, cups etc.... I found these cute lil heart bowls at Tai Pan. For a Wednesday night activity we had the girls decorate their bowls with sharpies. I took them all  home to bake @ 375 for 30 minutes. And because they aren't going to be used for food, I sprayed a clear sealant on them too. (Careful to just do a thin coat of spray or else the sharpie will run).

 We Attached the bowls to a glass candlestick with E6000 glue, and let it dry for 24hours.
 
 We thought it would be a good reminder for the girls to work towards their YW medallion. Now they have a cute little "stand" to put it in.



4 comments:

JessieMomma said...

This is very cute! Will you have them put the theme around the edge or just leave it to their imaginations?

J-ME said...

No, we want them to just get creative. However they want

Tiffany said...

Just wanted to let you know that I tried that sharpie thing on a plate and it washes off. Sorry to say. As long as they don't put them in water they should be fine. The time in the oven will set the ink and it even turned some of the colors an odd shade. Sorry I don't want to put a damper on your activity, just wanted to make you aware. Great idea though. : )

J-ME said...

@Tiffany. Thanks for the heads up. I had actually tried a plate beforehand as well. I was also sad that it washed right off :( We figured since they are just being used for jewelry they shouldn't need to get washed too often. I also sprayed them with a clear sealant and that seemed to help too. I told my girls that the black sharpies worked best. Some of the pastel colors definetely went a little funky (: