Monday, April 18, 2011

{spring} week

this week I thought I'd share an Easter/spring craft, treat etc... Today it was a little rainy and grey so I thought I'd brighten things up a little with some fresh flowers.



Jane has a friend Lisa who is the Queen of vintage crafts. She had given Jane some amazing tulips in a vintage inspired vase a few weeks ago and I knew I needed to make one for myself! Thanks Lisa for the beautiful idea! (The spring subway art printable behind my tulips can be found HERE)
Last fall Lisa also taught Jane to make these adorable vintage inspired baskets. What an Amazing lady huh? I made one for Christmas and knew I definitely NEEDED a cute lil' Easter Basket! Every year Jane & I plant our own Easter Grass (wheat grass) to use for decorations around the house. It is easy-to-do and CHEAP! It takes about 2-3 weeks to grow. I didn't take pictures of the process but found a great tutorial over at yourhomebased mom HERE (If you are in a time crunch and need Easter grass, most health food stores (good earth) sell wheat grass by the flat)


cut chicken wire to desired height and length with wire cutters. . Bring the two ends together and bend wire over to connect ends.

1 comment:

jane said...

Love your baskets! They will look cute for Easter! Jane