Sunday, November 8, 2009

YW lesson #41 lm1 The Ability to Succeed

I divided the lesson into 2 parts.

1st- We talked about our self image. If we have a poor self-image we fail to benefit from our own strengths and talents. I loved the quote by Eleanor Roosevelt "No one can make you feel inferior without your consent". Our attitude about ourselves helps us SUCCEED.

I read the story You Are Special by Max Lucado
2nd- Success
I used President Hinkleys Talk "How Can I Become the Woman of Whom I Dream?"

He talks about the 6 B's (Be Grateful, Be Smart, Be Clean, Be True, Be Humble, Be Prayerful) and if we follow these B's we will no Doubt have success.

I also used President Thomas S. Monsons talk "Formula for Success".
1- Fill your mind with Truth
2- Fill your life with Service
3- Fill your heart with love

I've found with my girls presentation is everything.

I just covered a post-it note stack with cute scrap paper and made a topper for the bag. Easy & Cheap but it looks cute.


5 comments:

Elizabeth Schatz said...

So cute and creative! Thank you for sharing your talent with us! I look for your ideas every time I teach.:)

Crystelle Boutique said...

This is gorgeous! I am teaching this lesson.... I am not sure yet as to what I am doing to make it come alive, but the talks you mention, and the book by Max Lucado are awesome...
Thanks for all the ideas! I may use the print-outs as well. we shall see...

Crystelle
http://www.crystelleboutique.com/

The Johnson's said...

Darling! I love that book and I love using picture books in lessons. I will be borrowing all your ideas, thank you, thank you!

marie said...

What are the post it's for? I'll read the talks, do they correlate with that?

Thanks for the ideas, I just got called to YW and need all the help I can get.

Kathryn said...

Thank you for this help-this is great insight and I plan to use this cute handout this week!